This proposal call is open to any of the genres we publish, as outlined below. Have a mystery proposal you’ve been dying to pitch? Writing a contemporary romance? Or maybe you’re looking to publish a paranormal romance? We want to read it!
Closing date: July 8, 2019 (all submissions due by 11:59pm Eastern on this date)
Requirements for this proposal call:
- Your book must fall within any of the romance or mystery genres we publish
- Your proposed book must be a completely new work and not have been previously published in any form, whether self-published, posted on a writing community site (e.g. Wattpad) or released via digital or traditional publisher. Only new material will be considered during this submission call.
- You cannot submit a project you have submitted to Carina Press before.
- We are not currently accepting proposals for The Dirty Bits from Carina Press; please do not submit material for The Dirty Bits to this call.
Check this post for the dozens of genres and tropes our editors are eager to read!
Materials needed to participate:
- A detailed query letter with a 3-5 paragraph book description, plus a short introduction of your writing credentials and publishing history.
- A minimum of the first 7,500 words of a work in progress. If you have more than 7,500 words, you can certainly (and definitely should) send more!
- A thorough, well-thought-out synopsis that is at least 5 pages or 1,600 words long. The synopsis is extra important with a proposal because we need to see progression of plot, character arc, storyline and, also really crucial—how it ends! See more about writing a synopsis here.
- If you are proposing a series, a brief series outline can also be uploaded. This is not required. Series outlines usually consist of a 2-3 paragraph overview of the series arc, plus a 1-2 paragraph description of each proposed book. Please upload this as a separate document.
- You may submit more than one project! However, please submit only one proposal per series.
- Times New Roman, 12 pt, black font, double spaced.
- Please put your manuscript title and your name in the header information on each page of your proposal and synopsis.