Welcome to Carina Adores, Carina Press’s trope-driven LGBTQ+ contemporary romance line, launched in June 2020.
Each of these highly romantic stories has a strong central trope. From marriages of convenience, royalty, and secret babies to friends to lovers, single parents and more, Carina Adores is publishing feel-good romances where LGBTQ+ main characters get their happily ever afters.
We welcome and encourage submissions from members of the LGBTQ+ community, as well as diverse characters and #ownvoices stories.
- Story should be trope-centric. The romance should be driven by at least one identifiable trope.
- We’re looking for romances with a lot of emotion and a focus on the characters falling in love on page.
In order to be considered for Carina Adores, submissions must:
- Be a LGBTQ+ contemporary romance
- Have a word count of 75,000 words and up
- Be centered around a definable central trope or tropes
- End in an HEA or HFN
We want books that are highly romantic, with great scenes of characters getting to know each other, falling in love, overcoming conflict and giving us that warm, mushy feeling of romance well-done.
- Can be written in either 1st– or 3rd-person POV.
- All heat levels are welcome.
- New twists on tropes and/or fun subversion of beloved tropes are encouraged.
- Stand-alone or miniseries considered. If submitting a series, please include a short blurb for each book with your submission.
- Carina Adores titles can be set internationally; not restricted to North American settings.
- Characters of color, trans and intersex characters, and disabled characters are all welcome. #Ownvoices submissions are welcome and encouraged.
- While it is not a requirement, we are particularly interested in projects written by LGBTQ+ authors.
- Not restricted to binary or cisgender identities or the presence of sexuality.
- Any LGBTQ+ character groupings/pairings are welcome.
We welcome submissions of full manuscripts or proposals.
Proposals should include:
- A 5-page or approximately 1,600-word synopsis.
- First 7,500 words.
- 3–5 paragraph description of book. If there is series potential, please include a series outline
- Submissions do not need to be addressed to a specific editor—all Carina Press editors are acquiring for this line.