Welcome to Carina Adores, Carina Press’s new trope-driven LGBTQ+ contemporary romance line, launching in June 2020.
Each of these highly romantic stories features LGBTQ+ main characters and has a strong central trope. From marriages of convenience, royalty, and secret babies to friends to lovers, single parents and more, Carina Adores is publishing feel-good romances where gay, lesbian, bisexual, asexual, pansexual, transgender, intersex, aromantic and nonbinary protagonists get their happily ever afters.
We welcome and encourage submissions from members of the LGBTQ+ community, as well as diverse characters and #ownvoices stories.
In order to be considered for Carina Adores, submissions must:
- Be trope-centric. The romance should be driven by at least one identifiable trope.
- Be a contemporary romance
- Have a word count of 60,000- 80,000 words
- Be centered around a definable central trope or tropes
- End in an HEA or HFN
We want books that are highly romantic, with great scenes of characters getting to know each other, falling in love, overcoming conflict and giving us that warm, mushy feeling of romance well-done.
We welcome submissions of full manuscripts or proposals.
Proposals should include:
- A 5-page or approximately 1,600-word synopsis.
- First 7,500 words.
- 3–5 paragraph description of book.
- If there is series potential, please include a series outline
- Submissions do not need to be addressed to a specific editor—all Carina Press editors are acquiring for this line.