Carina Press will consider books that have been previously released or self-published.
- The author must either currently retain the rights or have a letter of reversion from the original publisher.
- In addition to the previously published work, we would expect to see a new, never-before-published work submitted. If the previously published book is part of a series, we would expect to see the next (unpublished) book in the series. If the previously published book is a standalone, we would expect to see a separate (unpublished) submission. We are looking for authors who want to work with Carina Press to grow their career with new, unpublished work.
- To submit previously published material:
- Query letter with a book description, overview of author’s career, and an explanation of where the title was previously published. If the book is still for sale on etailers, please tell us where it’s for sale. Including any information on sales, number of reviews, average review rating, etc is also helpful.
- Full manuscript in .docx
- Synopsis of 2-5 pages depending on book length.
- Series outline or plans for new material (separate document).
- *Please do not submit previously published material to any other Submittable category.*